July 29, 2008

Josh's Birthday

Josh's special day started out with the family waking him up singing "happy birthday," and then downstairs for the traditional birthday breakfast.


Later that morning he had an Indiana Jones themed birthday party with his friends.


First they had to figure out clues and follow a treasure map.

And then it was on to. . .

The Temple of Doom!


After making it past the falling boulders (me throwing & rolling balls down the driveway) we were on our way up the mountain searching for the treasure.


It took those boys no time at all to dig up the treasure. (It took me forever to bury it!!!)


And after one final riddle to solve, they had their treasure!





That evening the party continued with cake and ice cream. I'm not exactly sure what my Dad and Kev are doing with their arms. It looks kinda dangerous! Someone's arm hair is bound to get singed!







Josh's friend gave him this game. It's called "No Brainer." Have you heard of it? It is HILARIOUS!!! It asks yes or no questions to which you respond by shaking or nodding your head. Only the sensor doesn't really know which way your head is moving. And then it gives you encouraging suggestions like "You gotta be kiddin' me!" or "Go back to school!"
We were all laughing hysterically.






Yeah, we had a lot of fun with that game that night!




Happy Birthday Indy!

2 comments:

Alvey family said...

What a creative party! You are seriously the most imaginative mom. I wish I lived close to share ideas!

Aubrielle said...

that sounds like an awesome party! Look at you be all sorts of creative...I don't think I could come up with something like that. I bet Josh had so much fun! ;)