March 24, 2009

Young Writer's Workshop

This past weekend Kevin and I went with Josh to a Writer's Workshop. It was awesome and so worth our Saturday and the $10 tuition. That even included lunch! We got to meet different authors and illustrators, have Q & A sessions, and watch different presentations.

And Josh got to meet Brandon Mull!



I know it's a terrible picture, but it was taken with my phone, and it was in an auditorium. Sorry. Josh was so excited Brandon Mull was going to be there. I think that was the main reason he wanted to go - he loves the Fablehaven books. Plus, he got all his books signed. And I'll be honest, it was pretty cool to meet Brandon Mull. He seems like a nice, down-to-earth guy. The Fablehaven books are good. If you haven't read them, you should give 'em a try.

I also picked up a great picture book, "Armardilly Chili" and met the illustrator, Will Terry. Every session we went to was fabulous and I'm so glad we went. It was fun to spend some time with Josh and he enjoyed it as well.


This is the creature the class created while illustrator, Nathan Hale drew their suggestions. This was a fun, interactive workshop for the class. They named this thing - "Phunny Boo Curse." I love kids this age. Their humor cracks me up.



Nathan Hale with "Phunny Boo Curse"

1 comment:

LEX said...

Is that guy the illustrator? Is he part of the Hale's of Orem?