January 12, 2009

1st Blogging Anniversary


It's been one year today since my first post on our family's blog. My cousin Suzanne set it up for me, (thanks again Zanny). She posts far more often than I do, so does almost everyone I guess. But, my goal at the beginning was to post one a month and I Did It! Yay, chalk one up for "Accomplishments."

I honestly don't know how some people post so often. How do you find or make the time for it? I would love to be a fly on your wall and figure out how you do it. I guess I'm "old school" because I'm more of a journal kind of gal. I love writing in my journal. I also prefer writing letters to people, and weeks will go by without checking my email. (I can almost hear the gasps!)

This family blog has been fun though and I enjoy keeping in touch with family and friends. As for this year's goal, I am sorting my digital pictures, which began in 2006, and scanning all the previous pictures 1997- 2005. So maybe this year's blog will be a "flashback" year! That could be fun.

3 comments:

LEX said...

you didn't take that pic did you? I think a flashback year would be awesome! i was going through home movies and sorting them and it was so nostalgic and I actually think sometimes its more interesting to look at the pics I take awhile after I take them. So, I am going to try and do more "flashback" style posts. Starting with Oscar's b-day, tomorrow! I can't believe he's already 1! I also want to make 09 a picture organization year, like you and mom.

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad to have you in the blogosphere!

FYI, you are probably just a much more attentive mother than I am. I blog as my escape.

Catherine said...

I am laughing so hard right now. Yep, I totally made a cake and bought a #1 candle to celebrate my "1st Anniversary!"
And no, I didn't take that picture. I WISH I had that nice of a camera. :)