January 27, 2009

No Bake Cookies


So, I've been on this No Bake Cookies kick lately. I've made them 4 times this week already. They are so yummy. Plus the kids love to help make them. It's the recipe I got from my Grandma Jennings.


2 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine
3 T. cocoa
1/2 c. milk

Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in:

3 c. quick rolled oats (or 3 1/2 c. regular oats)

Cover pan with lid and let stand 5 minutes. Then stir in:

1 t. vanilla

Scoop with cookie scoop onto waxed paper and let cool. Makes about 24 cookies.

4 comments:

Jason and Rachel said...

I LOVE those cookies! Growing up we always had them at my neighbors house. We always called them deer dropping cookies--though I think no-bake sounds a lot better!! Hope you and the fam are doing well!

Alvey family said...

Just looking at them makes me want to make them! Yum! I'm going to have to try your recipe. Mine has peanut butter in it and since my kids don't care for peanut butter I am left eatting them all! I'll let you know how they turn out.

Barb said...

mmmm so good. I think I will go make some today as well.

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Those cookies look DELICIOUS! Cookies are my number one weakness! Guess what I'm gonna be making?!?! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I can't wait!